James Designs

A pleasant surprise for all connoisseurs of knives with a Japanese tanto profile - an exclusive interview with the creator of the CRKT Hissatsu series, James Williams. The first question for you is traditional: please tell us about how you came to create knives and tactical items (tactical pens, keys, etc.). You are a renowned master of hand-to-hand combat and Japanese sword fighting. And for CRKT you have developed a range of knife models with a recognizable design. Was this your first experience of this kind? I've used knives all my life. I grew up in a place where hunting and fishing are common and have always been tied to knives, I created and used them. I remember how my grandfather, when I was little, told me: "Boy, a man needs a knife." This knife was a working tool for daily carry and use that performed various tasks. The inspiration for my Hissatsu knife was a desire to present a functional historical design that had the essence and purpose of reflecting the traditions of Japanese warriors. In doing so, I wanted to use modern materials and means o James Designs f production. The design and functionality of the prototypes of this knife are legendary, they came from more than a thousand-year-old culture of Asian warriors. A series of knives created for the CRKT company is made in the same style - blades with a tanto profile with a very long taper towards the tip. What is the reason for this design? What are its advantages? Initially, this knife was created as a close combat knife, and when choosing its design, I was guided by two objectives. First and foremost is the penetrating ability. A small knife (in my opinion a knife with a blade of 9 inches or less) should have exceptionally good penetration. In addition, such a knife must pierce the clothing and ammunition of the enemy, and the length of its blade must be sufficient for a confident defeat at various points of entry. Second, I wanted the knife to cut as best as possible, while not impairing the penetrating ability. In my search for a knife design, I have studied historical facts and moments for a long time. The Shimada school of Japanese swordsmen in the late 15th century had a weapon called the Osoraku zukuri that looked like the best option for my task. Osoraku zukuri was made famous by the 16th century warlord Takeda Shingen. I made some prototypes and tested them, then made a few small adjustments. The ancient design worked exceptionally well, and I brought in my friend Paul Chen to produce a small batch of these knives. When it came time for mass production, I asked my student and friend Cameron Hopkins who was the best to work with as he was very familiar with the knife industry. He told me that CRKT is the best company for this kind of collaboration. And this company has really become a great partner for me. I contacted Rod Bremer, President of CRKT, and we came up with an agreement that is still valid today. Working with CRKT is impeccable, they are excellent support for their designers. How was the design of the knives of this series created (easily and quickly, or did you work for a long time and change the design of the knives during the creation process)? Prompt enough as I was well motivated. My motivation was to create an effective and affordable knife that soldiers and civilians could use. I know what war is, and I have sons, I would like them, in certain situations, to have the best knives. At that time, I also had special operations students in my dojo, and I wanted to give them the best tool for their tasks. I continued to use the Osoraku zukuri design in my folding knives because of the very functional shape. Such a knife has excellent penetrating ability, and a special curvature of the blade facilitates cutting and makes cutting more efficient. I am extremely practical with my projects. The form must follow the function. I am not interested in bright, artistic or fantasy projects. People depend on my knives, some trust them with their lives, and I have a responsibility to give them the best I can. I am confident that my knives will work. And I have received countless confirmations of this from those who have used my knives, and they thanked me for their effectiveness. Among our audience there are many connoisseurs of knives with Japanese designs, including knives that you created (Hissatsu series). Perhaps you could give them some advice or advice on how to handle these knives? And what qualities, in your opinion, are the most important for a kni https://jiji.ug/kampala/clothing/james-designs-mnNzk1aiUAtEVTQjlHk913mJ.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2005 Toyota Land Cruiser

Office Doors

Manual Generators